Teaching assistantships are offered on a semester by semester basis to students enrolled in the Master of Accounting program at the University of Arizona. These positions involve working with professors teaching undergraduate accounting courses. Positions are limited and will be provided to applicants who are most qualified. Qualifications include GPA, GMAT score, recommendations from professors, demonstration of skill in the courses for which you are seeking a TA position, and other qualitative factors.
Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. If at any time the GPA drops, they lose their assistantship. Students will also need to re-apply for TA positions each semester. Students will be required to work 10 hours per week (at .25 FTE) and if they need any time off they should clear it with their assigned professor. Most faculty are very understanding (especially during exam weeks).
Accepting a TA position indicates that you agree to not hold an outside job during the regular semester. You are allowed to work during breaks (summer, winter, spring). Working an outside job during the regular semester will make you ineligible to receive TA benefits. All TA’s must attend a mandatory training session before classes start.
Benefits for TAs include the following:
- Out-of-state tuition waiver (only pay in-state tuition)
- Up to 50% in-state tuition reduction (depending on part-time or full-time status)
- Insurance (single, family is extra)
- TA's are not required to work during recognized semester breaks
- In addition to tuition reductions, TAs receive a stipend of approximately $3,000 per semester.
Please contact Alex Miller at email@example.com for more information.